Amboseli and East Tsavo
3 days, from $516 per person
Highlights of the tour
Detailed tour description
"Karibu" in Swahili means hospitable. Hospitable Kenya is happy to welcome you! A representative of Africa Royal Travel will meet you at the airport for a transfer to Amboseli National Park. Travel time is 4 hours. When you arrive at the lodge, you will have a hot and delicious lunch.
Amboseli, translated from the Maasai language, means "salt dust" (because long ago Kilimanjaro was an active volcano and during the eruption covered its surroundings with ash). Amboseli is home to all representatives of the "Big Five" - buffalo, elephants, black rhinos, lions and leopards. The elephant pictured on the backdrop ofKilimanjaro is a picture-perfect representation of Kenya. Although the volcano is located in Tanzania, Amboseli offers the best scenic view of its snow-capped peaks. The mountain, covered with snow and clouds, its mysterious beauty and grandeur complements the landscape of the Amboseli reserve.
An evening safari in Amboseli National Park will bring unforgettable experiences and gorgeous photos. You will be able to wave your good byes to the elephants strolling away to sleep in the direction of Kilimanjaro. And by the way, Amboseli is the only park in Kenya where tourists are allowed to walk. Return to the lodge and dinner.
Start the day with breakfast in a lodge with a magnificent view of Kilimanjaro. A beautiful morning, a delightful view. Next you are going for the morning safari on Amboseli. Enjoy, watch, admire. Peaceful herds of elephants numbering 500-700 individuals are not uncommon.
Check out and relocation to the East Tsavo Reserve, which is considered one of the oldest and largest national parks in Kenya.
Evening safari in the national park.During the safari in you can encounter all representatives of the "big five" - buffalo, elephants, black rhinos, lions and leopards, but above all East Tsavo is famous, the fact that it is inhabited by so called "red elephants”, who acquire a reddish shade after baths of dust, blowing on itself bright red dust through their trunks. It is also home to about 500 species of birds. Return to the lodge for dinner and rest.
Breakfast at sunrise and continued safari in Tsavo National Park, where you can watch an elephant, rhino, lion, leopard, crocodile, waterbuck antelope, Kudu and Guerenuk. Check out from the lodge and travel (4 hours) back to Mombasa, to relax on the Indian Ocean coast.
Impeccably clean sand, a wide coastal strip and everything you need to enjoy the equatorial sunlight is what you can expect from Mombasa beach and Diane Beach. This amazing resort offers a variety of leisure activities: tennis, aerobics, volleyball, water skiing and jet skis, windsurfing, snorkeling and fishing.
Spend time on the Indian Ocean coast and choose interesting activities and excursions with our Russian-speaking guides. Tropical climate is prevalent here all year round, so people of any age will be able to have fun filled time. We recommend the following excursions: a tour to the ethnic village of Ngomongo; The ruins of Jumb La Mtwana; Dolphin safari; cruise on the Dau ship. ⚜️ More ⚜️
Cost of travel
The price is per person for double occupancy
|Сафари в национальных парках Кении||2 чел.||3 чел.||4 чел.||6 чел.||SINGL|
|2 Января 2022 - 31 Марта 2022||$922||$742||$698||$619||$1 483|
|1 Апреля 2022 - 30 Июня 2022||$893||$720||$670||$598||$1 390|
|1 Июля 2022 - 31 Октября 2022||$958||$770||$734||$655||$ 534|
|1 Ноября 2022 - 20 Декабря 2022||$922||$742||$698||$619||$1 483|
|22 Декабря 2022 - 01 Января 2023||$965||$770||$742||$670||$1 548|
What is included in the cost of safari
✅ The cost of the tour includes
- Meeting at Mombasa International Airport
- Accommodation: Amboseli Sopa FB /Lionhill Lodge FB;
- Individual transport for safari;
- Experienced English-speaking guide-driver;
- Contact with the Russian-speaking support team;
- National park fees throughout the route program;
- Three-time comprehensive safari meals;
❎ Extra costs
- International flights Moscow - Mombasa - Moscow from $900;
- Visa costs $50;
- Personal expenses and purchases, additional excursions;
- Health insurance;
- Tips for the tour guide - about $30-50 per day safari per car.
Entrust your journey to an experienced team
What you are going to need
Documents and Visa
Foreign passport, airline ticket, insurance policy, credit card, for children traveling with one parent requires a power of attorney from both parents.
The visa to Kenya is issued on arrival. To obtain a tourist visa, you must carry a passport, which is valid for at least six months at the time of entry, in which there is at least one completely free page for the placement of a visa sticker. When crossing the border, it is necessary to present a valid passport, which will be stamped on entry into the country.
On the spot you need to fill out a questionnaire and pay a visa fee of $50. The visa can also be obtained in advance, online, via the following website:www.evisa.go.ke
Road first aid kit
- Painkillers and antipyretic
- Stomach preparations: Enterofuril, No-Spa, Festal, Imodium
- Absorbents: Smekta or Active Coal
- Bactericidal band-aid and bandage
- Antimalarial drugs: Malaron, Lariama
- Motion Sickness Tablets: Dramina, Dratinex
- Allergy remedies: Claritin, Loratadine, Acelastin
- Cream relieving irritation after insect bites
- Your individual drugs
How to equip for a safari
When choosing clothes,you should give preference to inexpressive and non-branded shades of color, like khaki. Day clothes for safari should be light and breathable. In the evening you should resort to long linen pants and a long-sleeved shirt, which will serve as extra protection from mosquitoes.
On safari we will have to leave in the early morning, and at this time of day it can be rather cool, so be sure to bring a warm jacket or a windbreaker. In Africa, during the safari there are almost no walks, so choose shoes in which it is convenient to sit in the car - sneakers or sandals. However, the shoes should have a strong enough sole, so that if you have to walk, you do not pierce your feet with the thorns of acacias.Bring with you on safari:
- long-sleeved shirt and a pair of golf shirts/t-shirts;
- A warm sweater or a light jacket;
- light cotton pants and shorts;
- light sneakers, sandals, slates;
- baseball cap, hat, panama.
Protection from diseases
Most tourists are frightened by two exotic diseases: yellow fever and malaria. Below we will tell you what vaccinations should be done and which are only RECOMMENDED.
1. Yellow fever. To enter most African countries: South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique, Kenya, yellow fever vaccination certificate is NOT needed. For a visit to Tanzania, yellow fever immunization is a recommended measure, not a mandatory one. However, vaccination is required if you are entering from an epidemiologically dangerous country, which also includes neighboring Kenya.
2. Malaria. The risk of catching malaria does exist in an area with a humid warm climate and a lot of insects, but the chance of encountering a malarial mosquito is almost zero. The vectors of the disease are "tied" to standing water and do not move away from it further than 8 km. Therefore, the risk of being bitten by a malarial mosquito is high only in their places of permanent habitation: lowlands, swamps, near drying bodies of water, etc. But the minimum risk still remains a risk. Therefore, if you want to protect yourself you need to use quality repellents and use special drugs.
Remember, malaria vaccinations don't exist!